Shipping & Returns
We deliver throughout South Africa and worldwide. All parcels are delivered by The Courier Guy in South Africa.
- South Africa: Parcels delivered in South Africa will incur a R100 shipping fee for any parcel up to 25kg. Any additional kilogram over 25kg will incur an extra charge of R5 per kilogram.
- Outlying areas: There are no regional surcharges, however, some select towns may have surcharges, or require special trips to be arranged. Some towns are only serviced on certain days. E.g. Bereaville – a R250 surcharge above rate applies.
- Worldwide: Worldwide shipping will be quoted for before transaction is finalised.
Collections and deliveries occur Monday to Friday.
Insurance of up to R1000 is included in the R100 shipping charge. Additional insurance is available at 2% of declared value above R1000 cover.
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us and we will either repair / replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms.
This Policy forms part of the Salamander Africa Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products:
- package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- clearly mark your name and contact details on the outside of the parcel; and
- include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
1: Unwanted products
You can return an unwanted product to us at no charge, provided:
- it is undamaged and unused, with the original labels and stickers still attached;
- it is in the original packaging, which must be undamaged and in its original condition with all seals still intact (if applicable).
- it is not missing any accessories or parts;
- you email a request for return on to firstname.lastname@example.org Website within 14 days of delivery to you or collection by you of the unwanted product. After 14 days, you can only return a product if it is defective; and
- it is not one of the products listed below.
Changed your mind?
Where you have changed your mind and would like a credit for a product, you can return it – provided the product is not:
- a foodstuff, beverage or other product intended for everyday consumption;
- a beauty product or fragrance which has been used;
- a product which has been personalised for you or made to your specifications; or
Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will credit your account with the purchase price of the product within 10 days of the return (or refund you if that is your preference).
We are entitled to inspect the product to validate your return.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, you will need to follow the process set out in section 2 below. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or refund you if that is your preference.
2: Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by logging a return on the with email@example.com.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or credit your account with the purchase price of the product (or refund you if that is your preference).
3: Defective products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances. Please refer to our FAQs for some examples.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorised alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you.
4: Charges and refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) to refuse the return, only to replace the item that you did return, or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and only to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item.
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Salamander Africa for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Under no circumstances will donations be refunded.